We are pleased to bring you the Zoom65 Essential Edition R2!
Newly added to this round:
- Prism Mirror PVD weight and knob
- Matching Keycaps
GB Time: September 21st, 2022 - October 3rd, 2022
Current Status: Cases raw materials made
Production Start Time: October 10th, 2022
Delivery Time: expected Mid-December 2022
Essential Edition includes everything you need to assemble your Zoom65, except for keycaps and switches.
The EE comes with a Bluetooth 5.0 PCB that's compatible with VIA. This PCB can be used in wired or Bluetooth mode. A 2300mAh Li-ion battery is also included in the kit.
- Aluminum top & bottom case
- Aluminum or PVD weight
- Aluminum (Ewhite, Ano colors) or brass (PVD Mirror) rotary encoder knob
- Hot-swap multi layout Bluetooth PCB
- Polycarbonate plate with flex cuts
- WS Stabilizers
- 2300 mAh Li-ion battery
- Complete set of foam dampener kit
- Gaskets and keyboard feet
- Coiled USB cable
- Screws, screwdriver and other installation tools.
- Faux suede storage bag
- PCB: VIA supported, ESD protected Bluetooth 5.0 PCB. Can be used in wired mode.
- Typing angle: 6.5°
- Front height: 20 mm
- Mounting style: Gasket mount
- Essential kit with Aluminum knob / weight: 1.55kg
- Essential kit with brass knob / PVD SS weight: 1.82kg
Recommended Build from our friends at Mech.land
We recommend the following build adjustments for a slightly louder, but much crisper sounding and more bouncy / flexy typing experience:
- No plate standoffs except the two next to the knob
- No PORON foam under the PCB
- No PORON foam on the bottom case. You can use a little bit of polyfill if you'd like a slightly deeper sound.
- No PORON stabilizer pad under the included stabilizers.
- 205g0 in the stabilizer housings and stems and XHT-BDZ on the stabilizer wires.
- Lubed and filmed long pole linear switches (like Durock POM Linear, WS Onion, Penyu, Graphite Gold etc.) at the stabilizer keys, or at least the spacebar